Open Energy Data to Benefit Consumers and Businesses
Data on CO-emissions, energy production, electricity prices and electricity consumption has now been released to the public. Energinet.dk has made the data available and user-friendly for entrepreneurs, researchers and others. The data may be used to develop new products and services, among other things.
- Open and accessible data on energy is an important step towards more consumer information on energy and prices for the given consumer. As I see it, we will have a future [where one receives] information on the amount of green energy [produced] and the actual electricity price before, for example, starting one’s washing machine. There are no bounds to what we could imagine here, says the Danish Minister for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Lars Chr. Lilleholt.
- Related news: Public Data for Improved Flood Protection
- The future will bring more mobile devices, robots and intelligent products into our everyday life. This [new] open energy data may help to further the development along. It will give consumers new opportunities to understand and adjust their energy consumption for the benefit of their bank account and the green transition, says the Danish Minister or Energy, Utilities and Climate, Lars Chr. Lilleholt.
- Related news: Publicly Available Geodata Furthers Innovation and Economic Growth
The launch of Energy Data Service happened at The People’s Meeting (“Folkemødet”) on the Danish island of Bornholm where the Danish Minister for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Lars Chr. Lilleholt gave the outside world the opportunity to download numbers and data from the portal.
- Click here to access the Energy Data Service
- Energy Data Service has been developed with input from the industry and the cooperate world, and Energinet.dk will continually publish more data on the portal.
Functions in Energy Data Service
- API access to data. This means machine-to-machine exchange of data, which is one of the conditions for, for example, the appliance of data in applications and services.
- Download of data in common formats
- Guides to help the consumer find the right data
- Descriptions of data, dataset and potential correlations of data
- An online forum for discussions and knowledge-sharing
Dataset in Energy Data Service:
- CO2-data on electricity production
- Trade and electricity prices
- Aggregated consumer- and production data as well as data on import and export of electricity.
Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate
M: [email protected]
Jesper Nørskov Rasmussen
M: [email protected]
About the Danish Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate
The Danish Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate is responsible for national and international efforts to prevent climate change, as well as energy issues, national geological surveys in Denmark and Greenland, meteorology and buildings.
- Download the publication: "Smart Distribution Grids Power Europe's Transition to Green Energy"'
- The publication is also available in Danish here and in German here.
You should consider reading
Discover Copenhagen’s architecture and infrastructure by bicycle22 March 2023
Job creation and transition
Sound of Green, a podcast series with insights from Denmark’s green transition27 January 2023
New Danish models assess the economic and fiscal impacts of climate policies31 January 2023
Better Affordable Housing5 January 2023
10 examples of green solutions from Denmark in 20223 January 2023