Urban Planning and Sustainable Mobility in Barranquilla
Want to see this solution first hand?
Add the case to your visit request and let us know that you are interested in visiting Denmark
Enhancing the city’s development in terms of soft mobility improvement, recovery of historical and social landmarks and green corridors.
Esben Kristensen from Gehl Architects was chosen for the task, under the umbrella of a Strategic Business Alliance project of the TC. He has extensive knowledge in these areas, with a specific focus on cooperation in Latin America, including Colombia.
Infrastructure in Colombia
According to BMI Research, Colombia’s construction industry will return to robust growth in 2019 and 2020, backed by rising investment in infrastructure and non-residential construction as well as a strengthening of the residential sector from 2020Read more about infrastructure in Colombia
In close cooperation with the Mayor’s Office of Barranquilla, prepare a report by a visiting Danish expert on human-scale architecture and sustainable mobility in order to evaluate the current state of Barranquilla and assess the city’s potential for development in the mentioned areas.
The findings were distributed to the Mayor’s Office of Barranquilla and a list of Danish companies with interest in the city. Potential was identified within the following sub-sectors:
- Traffic management solutions, multimodal (bicycle network) signaling.
- Wastewater, storm water management, sustainable drainage systems.
- Solid waste management, recycling, upcycling, circular economy & waste to energy.
- Building performance, energy usage, thermal insulation and building components.
- Air quality & environmental monitoring / management.