Ramboll is a leading multidisciplinary independent consultancy company. Our energy experts provide our costumers with cost-effective energy and climate solutions that meet today's standards. We are among the leading consultants in the world within important energy, climate mitigation and climate adaptation services. We draw on multidisciplinary expertise to create innovative, sustainable and livable solutions for our costumers and society.See partner
Denmark is one of the most energy efficient countries in the world. The widespread use of district heating systems and CHP supported by national energy policies since the 1970s has proved to be a successful way to improve the energy efficiency and tackle climate change and security of supply in Danish cities.
These successful results can be illustrated through Greater Copenhagen’s integrated DHC system; the City of Copenhagen and 24 surrounding municipalities have since the 1980s developed a world-class DHC system which today covers 98% of the total heat demand in the district heating zones, mainly through CHP and waste-to-energy.
Ramboll has contributed to making the integrated DHC system in Copenhagen a success. From 1970, Ramboll has provided a wide range of consultancy services to most of the energy companies and authorities in the region, including:
- Planning of heat supply for most of the municipalities;
- Planning, design, and implementation of the heat transmission networks for CTR and Vestforbrænding as well as more than 10 distribution networks incl. Frederiksberg Forsyning and the three waste to energy plants, Vestforbrænding, ARC and KARA/NOVEREN.
- Planning and design of Avedøreværket and Amagerværket including 3 x 24,000 m3 heat storage tanks.
- Rehabilitation of old district heating networks for several of the district heating companies.
- Analysing stationary and pressure transient hydraulic in the whole transmission system.
- Planning and design of district cooling systems