DGE Group is a consultancy for environmental sustainability. We help our clients make the world a cleaner and safer place. With specialist knowledge and an approach characterized by trust, dialogue and positive energy, we effectively contribute to a sustainable development.See partner
RemUVe is our new full-scale mobile UV-unit that can be used as a plug-and-play solution at contaminated sites.
New UV Purification and Remediation Technique for Groundwater and Drinking Water
Pesticides and chlorinated solvents in the groundwater have in recent years become an increasingly crucial problem for waterworks.
In the past few years we have continuously worked on an advanced oxidation process with very promising test results. In 2020 we are ready to launch RemUVe – our full-scale mobile UV-unit that can be used as a plug-and-play solution at contaminated sites.
RemUVe is the result of an innovative collaboration between the two Danish companies DGE and Insatech. The project was partially funded by the Danish EPA.
RemUVe shows Promising Test Results
- Reduction in chlorinated solvents especially PCE and TCE below detection limits
- Reduces the concentration of DMS and DPC to levels below the EU´s target thresholds or even below detection limits.
- The full-scale system is fully automatic and has the ability to increase and decrease energy use.
- The total capacity of RemUVe is scalable depending on the concentration of contamination
RemUVe adds Savings
- Ensures operations without major reorganization of the waterworks.
- Low operating costs for all waterworks.
- Reduces operating costs for “pump & treatment” of remedial systems.
- Reduces the use of activated carbon.
- Increases capacity automatically without increasing costs.
The solution contributes positively to several of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, but in particularly to goal 6 and 12