Association of Waterworks in Denmark
The Best Water Comes From The Tap
The water supply in Denmark is in many ways unique: When you turn on the tap and pour yourself a glass of water, you are drinking fresh groundwater with no need for cleaning.
In addition, the majority of the waterworks in Denmark are common water supplies organized as cooperatives - the consumers themselves own and operate the water supply, and all members have influence on the waterworks operation, administration, pricing and future development.
What is FVD?
The Association of Waterworks in Denmark is an organization for all these water cooperatives. We promote the views and interests of the waterworks to the public, the authorities and the politicians.
Through the membership the water supplies receive:
- Legal advice of any kind regarding water supply.
- Insurance for the water works.
- Access to special expos, where a broad range of companies within the watersector present the newest technology in water supply.
- Access to special courses, educations and training programs in managing a waterwork.
- Information about water supply via web, magazine, e-mail and web-tv.
- Assistance and advice on accounting.
Facts about the water supply in Denmark
- There are approx. 2,400 consumer-owned waterworks in Denmark
- They account for about 40% of the total amount of water abstraction in Denmark
- Two million people receive water from a consumer owned water company
- Half of all properties in Denmark receive water from a consumer owned waterwork
- The number of households connected to a waterwork cooperative varies from 10 and up to 20,000.
- The average size of the waterworks' supply area is 400-600 households.
- They typically cover a village, a minor township or a number of households.
Att: Dorthe G. Rasmussen
Solrød Center 20C
2680 Solrød Strand