At Thomas Group we aim to reduce the cost of energy within the wind industry. We focus on the wind-power industry, where we identify, develop and implement tailor-made technical cost-out solutions to improve supply chain competitiveness.See partner
Reducing the cost of generating wind energy
Thomas Group offers complete ideation, design, documentation, and delivery of manufacturing equipment for wind turbine blades, ranging from material handling, shell and web moulds, to lifting and handling equipment.
Our integrated development process focuses on the users interaction with, and performance of the equipment as well as on reducing costs. A continuous focus exists on improving workflows and increasing throughput in the entire value chain from raw materials to the finished blade as well as on improving HSE and creating a high quality documentation standard for global sourcing.
Thomas Group has successfully executed a number of projects on a range of blade sizes from 30 to 80+ meters resulting in project value such as:
- Reduced equipment costs by up to 35%
- Reduced cycle time by up to 63%
- Reduced equipment foot print by up to 27%
- Reduced use of HSE by up to 65%
- Reduced installation time by up to 50%
- Reduction of waste materials and consumables by up to 48%
- Increased crane load capacity by 45% and lifting height by 15% due to lightweight and compact systems
- Uniform equipment for different platforms and various types of handling operations
For more information please visit our website.