Bella Center on target to achieve its own climate objective: Reduce C02 emissions by 20%.
The Bella Center—Denmark’s premier exhibition and conference venue — has succeeded in cutting its CO2 emissions prior to the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, December 2009.
The reduction in CO2 emissions has an immediate effect on their bottom line, with an estimated annual savings of more than €268,000. The center will recover its €2.4 million investment in green technology in less than 8 years. To put their achievement in perspective, the elimination of 1,150 tonnes of CO2 emissions is comparable to the emissions produced from driving 7 million km in a car (calculated on the average emissions of new cars in 2006).
The ambitious target is met through a partnership with Schneider Electric, Bella Center’s energy management specialist.
Energy, indoor climate and technical facility management
Size of building
- Cooling systems
- Circulation pumps
- Security & access control systems
- Bella Center will achieve annual savings of approximately €268,000
- The Schneider Electric project totals approximately €2.4 million, with an expected cost-recovery period of less than 8 years.
- By installing new permanent lighting, Bella Center will save 300,000 kWh annually.
- The new circulation pumps offer energy savings of between 30-50%.