VISION FOR 2020:
In 2020, Southern Denmark is to be distinguished by strong growth powered by high productivity and employment, and by companies that act globally.
Southern Denmark has great potential in the green offshore field:
- The countries around the North Sea are planning to increase their offshore wind turbine capacity ten-fold up to 2020.
- Up until 2010, Danish companies were involved in the establishment of around 95% of all offshore wind farms worldwide. Many of the associated competencies are based in Southern Denmark – particularly as regards project planning, operation, maintenance, testing and demonstration.
- The region is home to strong offshore clusters and to significant skills in the field of sustainable offshore energy.
- It is expected that the offshore energy sector in Southern Denmark will achieve annual growth rates in excess of 5% over the coming decade.
The Growth Forum has the following specific targets for Sustainable energy
- 15% growth in productivity within the Sustainable energy business area.
- 10% growth in technology exports within the Sustainableenergy business area.
Five main initiatives has evolved from this strategy: