Ramboll is a leading multidisciplinary independent consultancy company. Our energy experts provide our costumers with cost-effective energy and climate solutions that meet today's standards. We are among the leading consultants in the world within important energy, climate mitigation and climate adaptation services. We draw on multidisciplinary expertise to create innovative, sustainable and livable solutions for our costumers and society.See partner
The world population is growing and more people will have to live in cities. Therefore, the challenge of the future is not only to create sustainable cities, but also livable cities, which increase quality of life for the population.
Ramboll has developed a livable city concept focusing on the important aspects, including the technical, economical and social qualities.
Copenhagen has already many of these qualities, which might explain why Copenhagen was nominated as European Green Capital 2014. It can inspire other cities improve liveability. However, there are further challenges and Copenhagen realize that the city can learn from many of the other cities.
You may find information about the conference here and find a film from the conference.
You may also study Ramboll’s new magazine Response and be inspired to make your city more livable. In the magazine you will find some of the secrets to make a city more livable.
The difficult task is to create an environment in which people wants to live and can combine work, family life, children and free time. Its athmosphere, architecture, landscape and technical infrastructure.
The precondition is that the city infrastructure for buildings, transport, environment and energy is planned carefully and provide the basic needs in a cost effective way, offering more money for quality of life.
Here Copenhagen can show some good cases to study, e.g.
- Carefully planned new city districts
- Bicycle infrastructure and metro providing good mobility
- Waste water treatment which allow the city to establish several harbor baths
- Integrated district heating with 99% connection eliminating the need for individual heating
- District cooling systems in the business districts
- Waste incineration and CHP plants to generate 95% of all heat
- Waste management system and a cost effective degree of recycling
- How to combine risk of flooring, water and green areas
- Off shore wind farms
- Green roofs and roof terraces