Ramboll employs more than 16,500 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting.See partner
Ramboll is one of the two consultants selected by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to undertake a number (circa 10-15) comprehensive Feasibility Studies for rehabilitation/upgrade of the existing district heating systems operated by the relevant Companies in selected municipalities.
The framework agreement runs over three years starting from 2010 with a possible extension. The budget of this framework is EUR 2,750,000.
The purpose of these feasibility studies is to enable the municipalities to provide environmentally friendly, cost-efficient heat supply and enable International Financing Institution(s) to appraise bankable projects for the prospective loans.
Ramboll will provide the following key services:
- Prepare a comprehensive Feasibility Study which can be used by the IFI(s) to assess the Project and justify involvement;
- Develop an affordable, least cost strategic investment programme for the entire district heating infrastructure in a City in a long-term perspective;
- Identify and assess a detailed priority investment programme, suitable for a Project to be partially financed by the IFI(s) loan;
- Define a bankable Project and identify probable sources and uses of funds;
- Undertake an Environmental and Social Analysis and an Environmental, Health and Safety Audit of existing district heating facilities and installations and environmental and social management systems.
- Prepare an affordability analysis of various consumer groups;
- Prepare financial analysis of the Company and financial projections
- Propose an appropriate tariff system based on actual consumption and full cost recovery as targets and interim solutions;
- Prepare a Procurement and Implementation Strategy;
- Outline an institutional framework for provision of district heating services in the City;
- Determine an efficient implementation strategy for the Project;
- Identify key cost restructuring elements and recommend reasonable loan covenants and implementation timing in this area.