Easy healthy food, reduced waste, circular economy, vertical farming, hydroponic
BioPod solution is a vegetable Ecosystem, where only energy, food waste and water are needed to produce vegetables. As a circular economy solution, BioPod is also energy- and water-efficient.
The BioPod solution is a closed-loop food production operating on a household- or a community level and integrated as a new urban farm concept of Regen villas/Agrihoods or larger-scale commercial food production in Eco-friendly industrial agro-food parks.
A BioPod Greenhouse of 2000m² is installed in Skive (Jutland) in Denmark and similar will also be installed in Shouguang City (Shangdong Province) and in Jilin City (Jilin Province) in China. We have a BioPod solution installed in a Tiny House in Odder (Jutland). Both BioPod for residential housing and for greenhouses will also be installed in an Ecovillage project in Chibi, Hubei Province of China.
Energy-, water-efficiency and circular economy.
Automated BioPod system with alert functions, if resource flow is not optimal concerning vegetable productivity
The key value proposition of the BioPod solution
- The possibility of organically grown, pest-free vegetables with no additional fertiliser than nutrients from the BioPod solution.
- Controllable nutrient flow.
- Controllable climate and irrigation.
- Handle most of the household waste (including food waste, greens, paper) with more circular energy and nutrient flow.
- Heatpump/biogas solution with a battery connected to PV for a community.
- BioPod is targeted towards one family, small and large communities for producing food and handling food waste.
- The solution can be integrated into new buildings.
- Key Enabling Technologies (KET)
See more information about our BioPod container solution: Biopod Container | Nordic Flex House