Kolding Municipality wants to work with Green Institutions to focus on the green footprints we put as a municipality and as a citizen.
The Municipality of Kolding ambitious climate targets, includes
- 75% CO2 reduction by 2021 compared to 1990
- 75% organic food in the communal kitchens
- More green procurement
- More involvement of citizens – including a special focus on children and young people
All Kolding Municipality daycare centers are offered to become Green Institution.
The purpose is:
- Further reduction of energy consumption in institutions
- Increased awareness among children and educators
- Increased awareness among families and communities
- Increased visibility on green behavior and the municipality's work in this area
Actions are to be found in the areas of:
- Waste – sorting
- Kitchen – including appliances
- Green purchasing (ecology, cleaning products, office supplies, etc.)
Benefits of being Green Institution
- The institution will help you find energy savings.
- It does not require extra work for the institution's employees.
- Fits well with curriculum in nature education.
- New green habits and behavioral changes.