Envotherm innovative environmental systems for recycling of industrial waste water
The metal machining company, AAOsteel, specialises in deep draw, stamping and cold forming of steel. The company used to dispose more than 1,200 m³/year of process water from their alkaline automatic rinsing line.
The annual costs for disposal of process water to an outside company was constantly increasing, surpassing EUR 100,000. In addition, the company faced high expenses for soft water. To solve this challenge, an Envotherm ET350 plant with E•MVR Technology was installed to process the wastewater in a way that reduces the need for disposal to less than 5%. The remaining 95% of distilled water is of such high quality that it can be recycled directly into the company’s production process. Oil content has been reduced to less than 10 ppm and conductivity to less than 40 μS/cm. The investment was paid back in less than 2 years.
- Aage Østergaard, DK – Horsens
- The group includes, in addition to Aage Østergaard: Scan Press, EJ Værktøj, Bdr. Madsen Maskinteknik and Erik Hudecek. The company was established in 1924 and has 500 employees.
Metal machining company that specializes in deep drawing, stamping and cold forming
- Aage Østergaard disposes of each year 1,200 m3 of process water from alkaline automatic washing line
- Until 2009, the company had annual costs of DKK 720,000 to an outside company for the disposal of process water
- In addition, there are expenses for soft water
- Envotherm’s new ET350 now process the wastewater so that only 5% must be disposed of
- The remaining 95% distilled water is of such high quality that it can be recycled directly into the process again
- Oil content <10ppm. Conductivity <40μS/cm. The investment was paid back in less than 2 years