Software Solution for the Optimization of the Production of Heat to District Heating Networks
HeatPO™ (formerly known as PRESS-PO™) is a software solution for the optimization of the production of heat to district heating networks. HeatPO™ uses heat demand forecasts, data about production assets and limitations in the heating network to generate a heat production plan that satisfies the heat demand at minimal costs.
Why do you need HeatPO™?
HeatPO™ enables district heating companies to operate their production assets more efficiently and reliably. HeatPO™ automatically optimizes the heat production plan, such that customer demand is met, network restrictions are taken into account and heat production costs are minimized.
HeatPO™ is particularly useful in complex heating networks with multiple production assets and flow restrictions in the network. Such networks are often so complicated that manual planning will lead to a sub-optimal production plan that cannot be executed or will be too expensive. The result can be that customers do not get enough heat and that the heat is too expensive.
- Ensures that customer demands are met even in complicated networks with flow restrictions
- Minimizes production costs such that heat prices are reduced
- Good for planning of both short-term horizons (intra-day and day-ahead) as well as medium-term horizons (up to a month)
- Highly configurable and flexible such that almost any production system and district heating network can be managed by the solution
HeatPO™ is an industry leading solution that requires minimal effort from the client and yet yields superior results when compared to competing solutions.
How does HeatPO™ work?
The optimization algorithms in HeatPO™ use heat demand forecasts from HeatFor™ and master data about production assets and network configuration to calculate an optimal production plan. As HeatPO™ is based on stochastic optimization it can utilize the heat demand forecast uncertainty bands generated by HeatFor™. The result is a very robust production plan that takes uncertainty into consideration when making sure that heat demand can be satisfied and production costs minimized.
In an optimal configuration, HeatPO™ is deployed together with the two ENFOR solutions:
- MetFor™ for locally optimized weather forecasts
- HeatFor™ for heat demand forecasting
All three are provided as an integrated end-to-end solution for forecasting heat demand and optimizing the production of the district heating.
HeatPO™ is provided as an integrated service from the ENFOR platform that contains a data collection and validation module. The data collection and validation module collects the necessary data, ensures that the necessary data is available and contains a toolbox for automatic detection and correction of missing and/or erroneous measurements. The module then feeds the validated data into the core HeatPO™ modules.
The ENFOR platform also provides HeatPO™ with data integration modules through either text files, FTP, SFTP or web-services such that HeatPO™ can be integrated seamlessly with the operational system (SCADA) controlling the district heating network.
HeatPO™ is available as a software package installed locally on the client’s servers, or as a service hosted on servers operated and maintained by ENFOR™.
HeatPO™ is supplied with various support, maintenance and license packages, which can be tailor-made to client specifications and provides a cost/performance ratio that fits the needs of the individual client.
The following key features are provided with HeatPO™:
- Stochastic optimization engine for optimal heat production planning of both short-term and medium-term
- Interface for configuration and monitoring of system
- Data integration interfaces based on FTP, SFTP or web-services supporting numerous formats and file types (CSV, XML, SOAP, JSON etc.)
- Runs on common server platforms (Windows, Linux etc.)